Friday 10 June 2011

Sealife London Aquarium


Dude and I took a trip to Sea Life London Aquarium.
Joining the queue a staff member directed me to the fast-track queue as I was there with a wheelchair. The queues are separated by those posts with the fabric strips that spring back if you unhook them. Going round them was tight at points and I had to move some over to get through. We had arrived early as I knew Dude wouldn't queue for long and I was expecting to be in the regular, none fast track queue. We ended up queue for approximately 10mins and I went in free as a carer.

There are lifts to all floors but Dude did find getting to see the fish hard as there were allot of people and some tanks were positioned either too high up or at an angle so all he could see was water. He did however have a great view of the penguins and I had to make him leave.

The staff were all very kind and helpful. Some were stopped by Dude and asked if the knew about fish and all responded appropriately to him. He had his photo done at the green screen and tried to charm the lady into letting him keep the coat they'd put on him for the photo. She also was able to reply to him without causing major meltdowns, though I did help her with that one too :)

The shop was easy to navigate but then I got abit lost as when I exited the shop I was met by steps and had to ask for directions to get out. I was directed towards the cafe as there was a step free exit there. The staff member however, in her bid to be helpful, sent us down the corridor for the Fright Club exhibition and subsequently the Dude did get frightened.

Despite the tanks Dude couldn't see in and the episode of fright, we did have an awesome day. Staff were kind and helpful and we didn't have any problems with access. We didn't get to check out the toilets but there are disabled toilets present.

No comments:

Post a Comment