Saturday 14 May 2011

About us

I wanted to start by telling you a little about us.

My son, Dude is 5 years old and has Cerebral Palsy and Autism. He also comes with a few extras but these are the main diagnosis. I also have my own mobility problems in the form of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome type 3 and Fibromyalgia.



It's not simple for us to leave the house. Gosh I wish it were. I sometime wish that I could just say "Dude, go get your shoes and coat on, we're going out!" but I will never be able to say that.

Even just to go to school I have to make sure he has his splints and boots on and lift him into his wheelchair which all takes time, especially if he's in an uncooperative mood.


If we're going anywhere other than school or the local shop it takes planning! lots of planning. The first question is always
Is it accessible?

I check websites, phone places up and have to check if I can get him there. I don't drive so rely on public transport (which is an
adventure in its self)


I'll be blogging about our outings and whether they where ACCESSIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment